Google Adsense

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Last Minute Mother's Day Gift

So... if you are like me, you are completely bogged down with getting everything done for the end of the year. With only 2 weeks left of school, it seems impossible to get everything done in the limited amount of time we have. I decided to do a quick craft with the kids for Mother's Day, a refrigerator magnet. I bought some craft foam sheets from the dollar store and cut out small flowers about 3 inches across. Then I had the kids spread some glitter glue on it with a paintbrush, layer 2 of the flowers together and put a foam circle in the middle.


Then we glued a magnet to the back.


It is quick and simple for kids to make, but cute. I also found a short poem online:

My Mother, my friend so dear
throughout my life you're always near.
A tender smile to guide my way
You're the sunshine to light my day.

I printed the poem out on a card for the kids to decorate. You can use flower stickers or other bright colorful stickers to spruce it up a little.


HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment