Google Adsense

Monday, May 14, 2012

Study about Cars

We did a car study with the afternoon class a few weeks ago. Here are some of our activities.

These are some streets we made with construction paper in the shape of letters. They can be put together to make different paths and then they drove matchbox cars around it.

We read this book...

and the kids loved this page about the tunnel. Some of them decided to build their own tunnel.

They used the train table lid as a ramp.

Then they went to work building the tunnel at the end.

When the tall one would not stay up easily, I suggested that they build a shorter one.



They had lots of fun racing the cars down the ramp and through the tunnel. As you can see, we also got out some measuring tools and measured and compared the distance each car went when it reached the bottom of the ramp. We predicted whether the big cars or the little cars would go further.

Here are the felt cars I made and below is the chant we did, starting with one car and adding one for each verse.


We did a graph of our favorite car...


And lastly, I don't have a picture, but we glued red, yellow and green circles on a black rectangle to make traffic lights.

Here are some of the books we read:




7 comments:

  1. Looks like a ton of fun!!

    BTW I'm throwing a linky party and would love for you to join!!

    Blessings,

    Jessica Stanford
    Mrs. Stanford's Class Blog
    My TpT Store

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the streets in the shapes of letters, and your little felt cars are adorable! Thank you for sharing with Learning Laboratory at Mama Smiles =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lot of fun! Love the idea for the roadway letters - I may try that with my son who loves cars!

    I will be back for Thinky Linky Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fun!! I love those ramps and the letter streets!! Thanks for sharing at Teach Me Tuesday--I'm going to share this on my PreschoolPowolPackets Facebook page too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas! Thanks so much for sharing with Tuesday Tots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do we use it for used cars That's really good! used cars houston

    ReplyDelete