Google Adsense

Friday, June 22, 2012

DIY Feltboard

Here is a felt board I made for the classroom awhile back and now use it with my son. It is just a piece of cardboard with black felt glued on and then a cardboard border with colored masking tape to decorate it. Very simple. I also made another one which I can't find now, but it was thicker. I used 2 empty fabric bolts from the store and taped them together. It takes a lot of tape, but was quite sturdy actually.


 Remember, you don't have to use felt to make pieces for your felt board. Laminated pictures with velcro on the back works as well. I made 4 sets of some different things that L is familiar with. The first is food as shown above.

Farm Animals

 Vehicles

Toys

To make these, I photocopied the images from a book I got at the library, colored them with crayons and then laminated and added the velcro.
I think this way is easier than cutting out felt, although I have made some of those as well. I like the idea I saw at library storytime for making felt pieces, using fabric paint for the details.






5 comments:

  1. Cute idea!! I am debating whether or not to make one for my little one and this one looks simple enough to do!! Thanks for sharing...If I end up making one, I will def post a link back to here! =)

    Sara

    Teaching Munchkins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is very simple and the little ones love it, to be able to manipulate the pieces of the story/song themselves!

      Delete
  2. I hadn't thought of using laminated pictures with velrco, we use felt pieces on our boards but my daughter carries it around and all the pieces fall off.... velcro would work much, much better. I am so glad you left a comment on my blog and left me a link to your wonderful blog. I am following now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you got something useful from my post. Hope the velcro works out for you!

      Delete